Thank you for choosing frank. Pet Surgeons. for your pet’s treatment. We believe that specialist care should be accessible and affordable. We don’t believe in nasty surprises, so our prices are fixed – the price we quote is the price you pay. Every procedure we undertake is backed up by a unique “Surgical Complications Guarantee” that covers any complications arising from surgery within 6 months of the procedure.
Payment is due at the time of the consultation or on collection of your pet. We accept cash, debit and credit cards. Unfortunately, we do not accept American Express or cheques.
If you have insurance cover for veterinary fees, please contact your insurance company and advise them that your pet has been referred. You will need to bring a signed insurance claim form to your visits. We can assist you to complete your sections on the form before we complete the veterinary surgeon’s section and submit the claim for you.
Direct Insurance Claims
We understand that many clients would rather that the insurance company paid our fees directly. It is important to understand that the outstanding invoice is a debt owed by you, the pet owner, to frank. Pet Surgeons. if the insurance claim is declined or partially settled.
The direct claim process starts prior to your appointment. Direct claims are possible in many cases on the basis of the following undertakings;
- The invoice is over £500
- For claims of under £500, payment is due at the time of the consult or on collection of your pet, and we will submit a policy claim for you. This is inclusive of claims for follow up appointments
- Ensure your vet has sent us your pet’s full history
- Call your insurance provider and give them permission to talk to frank. Pet Surgeons.
- Ideally, a pre-authorisation request should be submitted. Alternatively, we will phone your insurance provider and perform some policy checks
- You must bring a signed claim form and current insurance schedule to your appointment
- Your excess and any estimated insurance shortfall will be payable on admission of your pet. Unless your insurance company confirms to us that an excess has been paid, we will take excess payments on admission of your pet.
The decision as to whether a direct claim can be undertaken is at our discretion and is normally made after the consultation at frank. Pet Surgeons. It may not be possible, to proceed with a direct claim based on your policy details, your pet’s history and the examination findings. If this is the case, you will need to pay us directly, and then attempt to claim back the money from your insurance provider
Please note that pre-authorisation is not possible with all insurance providers, and they can take up to seven days to provide a response to the request after it has been submitted. If the pre-authorisation is refused, then unfortunately we cannot proceed with a direct claim.
If your insurance provider does not settle the claim within six weeks, or there are any costs that they do not cover, you are responsible for settling those costs directly with us.